Runner Duck Egg Incubation

Feathersnscales

Hatching
Aug 19, 2020
I read on a site to stop turning runner duck eggs at day 23, and another site said to stop at 25. I also see varying info on temp and RH during later stages of incubating. Can someone please help clarify what is the proper info? I have 7 eggs currently incubating (on day 12), 99.5 degrees, 69% RH. This is my first time hatching duck eggs. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I read on a site to stop turning runner duck eggs at day 23, and another site said to stop at 25. I also see varying info on temp and RH during later stages of incubating. Can someone please help clarify what is the proper info? I have 7 eggs currently incubating (on day 12), 99.5 degrees, 69% RH. This is my first time hatching duck eggs. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Day 25, because they usually hatch day 28. It wouldn't hurt to lockdown on day 23, but it's unnecessary.
Also, 69% humidity is way too high.

I stop turning my Runner eggs on day 23, with the rationale that the ducklings can use the extra few days to get into proper hatching position. Agree with @MGG that 69% humidity prior to lockdown seems high. I (acknowledging that this is specific to my location/equipment and may not work for everyone) aim for low 40s until external pipping. Best of luck!

I stop turning my Runner eggs on day 23, with the rationale that the ducklings can use the extra few days to get into proper hatching position. Agree with @MGG that 69% humidity prior to lockdown seems high. I (acknowledging that this is specific to my location/equipment and may not work for everyone) aim for low 40s until external pipping. Best of luck!
That is completely fine of course, but they don't start to get into position that early anyway. Do whatever works for you. I aim for 45% with my ducks.

Back
Top Bottom