Runner duck not laying yet

Tgalloway

Hatching
Nov 10, 2019
My chocolate runner duck has not yet laid a single egg. The rest of her egg mates started laying back in mid august we have 2 pekins that she is bonded with that are laying and lay whereever they want so we have a daily egg hunt for those eggs but only find the pekins eggs she is just not laying and we have no idea why

Well I can def. vouch for when she starts you’ll forget having to wait for her to start. She’ll probably lay straight for 18 months my 2016 yr Runners did. You have 5 ducks 2 are Pekin? What the other 2?besides the Runner.

Not sure but she mates.
IMG_20200324_072736.jpg
she is the smaller one

Thank you they are lovely she gets layer pellets and gets to forage around the garden. We raised the taller male from a chick and adopted her about 3months ago where she still looked adult. Recently she has loved this spot basically a hay pile on a concrete slab and most the day she lays there.

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_173004.jpg
    IMG_20200322_173004.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 4
Well looks like that maybe her favorite place and one of these days you may find an egg right there. Does the drake get up there with her? If not that maybe her safe place from him too. This time of year those boys can be pretty rough on one female. Do they also have a house to sleep in at night with comfy bedding? You could place a fake egg (hobby stores) or Amazon or a golf ball inside to give a hint.

Back
Top Bottom