Runner duck not laying yet

Are you providing a plentiful amount of oyster shells to her? Soft eggs are common with new layer, but if it continues i would start her on either Calcium Gluconate or Citrate.

We mix in oyster shell into her feed. Today we also found the egg in the open, does this mean she won't lay in her nest?

Provide the oyster shells in a separate dish on the side, so she can eat as much as she wants without having to pick through the feed. Laying in sporadic places is common with new layers, if you provide a cozy nesting box and add some golf balls she will be more inclined to lay there then on the ground.

Provide the oyster shells in a separate dish on the side, so she can eat as much as she wants without having to pick through the feed. Laying in sporadic places is common with new layers, if you provide a cozy nesting box and add some golf balls she will be more inclined to lay there then on the ground.
Ok thanks. And any dish we put the oyster shells in she instantly knocks over!

Ok thanks. And any dish we put the oyster shells in she instantly knocks over!

I use this and screw it into the wall.

1586106397689.png

Call Ducks(Chocolate, Grey, Butterscotch, Snowy, Silver Appleyard, Pastel), East Indies, Rounens, Pekins, Mallard's, Indian Runner Bantams, Fawn and White Indian Runners, Black Australorp's, Red Leghorn, Easter Eggers, OEGB, Red Jungle Fowl, Barred Rocks, Black Minorca, Silver laced Wyandotte, Toulouse, and African Geese

Very lucky! I have 1 male runner duck 1 female runner Rouen cross female (who laid her first egg today) and for chickens 2 bantams one male one female and 3 rescued hybrids. And yet we only get 1 egg a day :(

I only get around four eggs a day from 32 birds, they are starting to get old. It doesn't bother me that much, I love having them around even if they don't lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom