Vit e and a tiny bit of selenium is suppose to be good for wry neck babies. There is selenium in egg yolk my Runner ducklings loves scrambled egg maybe try giving them some and then prick a vit e capsule and squeeze it out over top and mix and feed. Very sorry you lost the little one :hugs

I had 3 with wry neck in my last hatch, all were malpositioned in egg. 1 died after about 48hrs. I bought super selenium complex with vit E and added it to their water (didn't arrive in time to save the first one). I even took the other two to the vet (think I knew more about it than her thanks to this site!). It seemed to fix them both up after a couple of days ( one literally backflipped when he put his head back at first). So yeah, I'd suggest Selenium too. Good luck :)

I had 3 with wry neck in my last hatch, all were malpositioned in egg. 1 died after about 48hrs. I bought super selenium complex with vit E and added it to their water (didn't arrive in time to save the first one). I even took the other two to the vet (think I knew more about it than her thanks to this site!). It seemed to fix them both up after a couple of days ( one literally backflipped when he put his head back at first). So yeah, I'd suggest Selenium too. Good luck :)

Thank you, thank you!!! Yeah this one was all mixed up inside the egg, it started popping out the opposite way, and 48 hours later no progress! Where can I pick this up?! Shes been doing great! And since we've held her so much since hatch she literally runs to us to be held. Shes definitely a lover and a little spunky girl. We got two muscovy chicks to add to the little flock, and the little Terd was the one bullying the newbies

Attachments

• 20191125_150232.jpg
    20191125_150232.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 11
I ordered mine from Amazon, but you might be able to get it in any health food store. It came as powder in capsules. I opened them up and put half a cap in their water for a couple of days then reduced it to about quarter as I saw them improve.

I'd also feed them scrambled egg it has selenium in it and my ducklings loved it. When I had 4 little Indian Runner duckling sent through mail last April and lost 2 of them and the other 2 were iffy This I am positive got them through scrambled eggs everyday.

Absolutely love that picture:love

I'd also feed them scrambled egg it has selenium in it and my ducklings loved it. When I had 4 little Indian Runner duckling sent through mail last April and lost 2 of them and the other 2 were iffy This I am positive got them through scrambled eggs everyday.

Absolutely love that picture:love

Might be a dumb question, but Does it matter if I give them chicken or duck eggs scrambled? Like does one have more than the other

You could look it up but it's the yolk that has the selenium in I believe and duck eggs have larger yolks mine gobble down both though they weren't picky at all.

The majority of the selenium in eggs is located in the yolk. An egg white from a large egg provides 6.7 micrograms, whereas the entire egg provides 15.9 micrograms, according to the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.

Tried everything, still bent. I wonder if I can make a diy duckling splint. Lol shes still doing great and running around all spunky. It's just her poor neck

Attachments

• 20191130_125937.jpg
    20191130_125937.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom