Runner hens and eggs

AmberLittlejohn

Songster
Mar 4, 2019
Upstate South Carolina
20190705_122159.jpg
I got these little ladies yesterday. Their names are Agnes, Iris, and Gladys. Let me start off my saying my girls I already have aren't laying yet so I'm clueless. These three girls do lay and I was told to expect like 2 eggs each a day. Well nothing yesterday and today Agnes very clearly looks like she needs to pop a squat. How long should I let her go like this before I need to help her along(when and if I do please talk me through the steps, I have a vague idea but kind of unsure of how to help)? I figure she is stressed from the move and may not feel comfortable to lay. I provided lots of fresh straw in one corner of the pen and even stuffed a few old tires. All advice is much appreciated!
PS if you could tell me the type of runner they are I would be most appreciative!

Runner duck mom

Songster
Nov 15, 2017
Georgia
Congrats on the new ducks! They look like blue runners to me, they are very pretty girls :)
Our runners usually lay 1 egg per day but sometimes skip a day or two. They may just need time to settle into their new home before laying, I know someone here will have a better answer for you. Just wanted to comment because they are too cute!

DuckyDonna

Crossing the Road
Aug 26, 2018
Dallas, Georgia
View attachment 1836965 I got these little ladies yesterday. Their names are Agnes, Iris, and Gladys. Let me start off my saying my girls I already have aren't laying yet so I'm clueless. These three girls do lay and I was told to expect like 2 eggs each a day. Well nothing yesterday and today Agnes very clearly looks like she needs to pop a squat. How long should I let her go like this before I need to help her along(when and if I do please talk me through the steps, I have a vague idea but kind of unsure of how to help)? I figure she is stressed from the move and may not feel comfortable to lay. I provided lots of fresh straw in one corner of the pen and even stuffed a few old tires. All advice is much appreciated!
PS if you could tell me the type of runner they are I would be most appreciative!
They look like my little Blu! A product of a chocolate/black dad (we're not really sure if he's choco or black) and fawn/white mom. Not the best picture but they just don't cooporate very well! He/she is only 5 weeks old but sure looks very similar.
IMG_0650.JPG

Top Bottom