Runny nose and swollen face on one side, Please help

kittiedoll

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2021
4 month old chick has runny nose on one side which is the same side with swollen face. No bubble in the eye nor sneezing. She is hunched over most time and sleeping more than usual. She eats and drink but not as much nor as active. What could be wrong with her and what can I give her?

4 month old chick has runny nose on one side which is the same side with swollen face. No bubble in the eye nor sneezing. She is hunched over most time and sleeping more than usual. She eats and drink but not as much nor as active. What could be wrong with her and what can I give her?
A picture of her would be helpful.

She probably has a serious respiratory disease which would require antibiotics to help rid the symptoms.
Are you in the US?

I just put her to bed separated from others and will try to get one posted tomorrow. It looks like swollen nasal on that one side that has runny nose.
Ok. I hope she'll be ok! I think its most likely to be a infection.

She probably has a serious respiratory disease which would require antibiotics to help rid the symptoms.
Are you in the US?
She is breathing through her mouth sometimes.
Yes I am in California. I have TMS 480 mg left from last vet visit; should I use that to treat her?

I just put her to bed separated from others and will try to get one posted tomorrow. It looks like swollen nasal on that one side that has runny nose.

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20211116_072140.jpg
    20211116_072140.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 6
She is breathing through her mouth sometimes.
Yes I am in California. I have TMS 480 mg left from last vet visit; should I use that to treat her?
Why do you have antibiotics left over?
Did you not use all of them last time?

Antibiotics cannot be given nilly willy.
If you do not complete a full course you're wasting your time.

The last vet visit... Was for who, what for and how long ago?

Can you post a picture of the bottle of TMS?
I do not know what it is.

She is moving around, eating and drinking this morning better than last night. I gave her scramble egg with fresh garlic and oregano. Her water has electrolyze and garlic.
I looked up TMS from my last vet visit. It seems to be an antibiotic, but I am not sure if I should wait to see how she is doing before intervene with medication.

She is moving around, eating and drinking this morning better than last night. I gave her scramble egg with fresh garlic and oregano. Her water has electrolyze and garlic.
I looked up TMS from my last vet visit. It seems to be an antibiotic, but I am not sure if I should wait to see how she is doing before intervene with medication.
Stop giving garlic. It can be toxic to birds.
Is she not eating the regular chicken feed? The chicken feed is formulated as a balanced diet and a balanced diet is always best.

Back
Top Bottom