RuPaul , My Barred Rock Rooster, Growing up Pics (Pic Heavy)

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
RuPaul was hatched from eggs I got from Speckledhen. He is from Zoe, a Hen who is nice, large , hefty and a little Dark for a BR Hen. His father is Cyn's Dutch.

When Ru was first hatched, I was sure he was a boy, in fact his original name was "Shaq" he was named because he literally hatched feet first, seriously he pipped and then pushed his feet out through the shell and then zipped, I had to pull the shell off of him or he would have looked like a cartoon chick running around in a shell
gig.gif

Ru had huge feet and so that is why I named him "Shaq"

Here is RuPaul with his Hatch Mates

newbarredrocks.jpg

A Little Older

newestbr1.jpg

This is Ru next to his brother

PC290068.jpg

Another Shot

PC290073.jpg

Here he is a few months old, at this point I began to question if he was a girl or boy

ShaqJan.jpg

This is Ru, (in the corner) His coloring indicated hen

P2110014.jpg

Ru, looking like a rooster in every way but his color

1845_p6020025.jpg

1845_p6020026.jpg

More a little older, a couple close up

1845_p6020027.jpg

1845_p6020029.jpg

1845_p6020030.jpg

All Grown Up!

1845_pict0011.jpg

1845_pict0012.jpg

1845_rupaul035.jpg

1845_pict0013.jpg

Here is RuPaul today!

Picture024.jpg

Ru now has his own BR Girls and I will be hatching some eggs to see if he passes on his Dark Gene or not. I intentionally put my lighter girls with him.
RuPaul has been an adventure and a mystery and a novelty. His mother, Zoe has passed this Darkness on to 2 other Roosters that I know of. I have removed her from the BR Breeding Program and am using her in a project along with her 2 daughters, who are also pretty dark. Once she is through laying eggs for my Project, she will go into the Layer pen.

I will update on RuPaul and his off spring as I start to hatch and they grow.

Last edited:
Quote:
Everyone is good, Bess and Maddie have bare rears, but they are both in with Ru now and he is easier on the girls than Mace is.

Back
Top Bottom