Rural King mislabeled chicks

mypetsrchickens

Songster
6 Years
Apr 27, 2016
North Carolina
Rural King had these labeled as Colombian wyandottes but they have feathered feet so I know that’s not what they are. Does anyone have any idea what they may be? Looks like orange skin with four toes. I’m not good with comb types so I don’t know what that comb might be.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1043.jpeg
    IMG_1043.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1046.jpeg
    IMG_1046.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1047.jpeg
    IMG_1047.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 10
Looks like a cochin. Is it a bantam or large fowl?
They seem small to me but I honestly don’t know. i don’t have any other chicks to compare them to at the moment. They were in a tub by themselves so no other chicks to compare them to when I bought them either.
i was thinking Cochin too just because I don’t know any other breed with feathered feet and 4 toes that are yellow as chicks.

They have pea combs are are Light Brahmas :) Columbian is the same varieties as "light" in Brahmas so at least they labeled the variety correctly :)

I was thinking the exact same!

I would be happy with brahmas or cochins so either way I'm good. I have had cochins before but never had brahmas so if they are brahmas that will be nice.

My light brahma looked like that as chicks.. my male had like no tail for more then 6 months lol I figured he was a Cockrell tho with the comb and waddle development.. he was slow to feather and was runty.. wouldn't know it now lol he is huge! Good luck with your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom