Russian Orloff thread

I bought one orloff from Ideal poultry, here in Texas. She was hatched Sept. 16th, so will be two years soon. She lays 4 or 5 times a week and her eggs are a cream color.
I realized that I don't have any good pictures of her. She is a sweet hen but always on the move! Here is an older pic.
Screenshot_20220610-113355_Gallery.jpg

I wish I'd have bought at least two pullets. I hope Ideal doesn't discontinue selling them, the way they did their langshans and dorkings.

I bought one orloff from Ideal poultry, here in Texas. She was hatched Sept. 16th, so will be two years soon. She lays 4 or 5 times a week and her eggs are a cream color.
I realized that I don't have any good pictures of her. She is a sweet hen but always on the move! Here is an older pic.
View attachment 3143284
I wish I'd have bought at least two pullets. I hope Ideal doesn't discontinue selling them, the way they did their langshans and dorkings.
Ahhh, she's a pretty girl! She sounds like a nice addition to your flock! :) That's a bummer that Ideal went away from Langshans and Dorkings! Langshans are all the rage out here...I have yet to see a Dorking in person! They're like the corgi of chickens :D

Ahhh, she's a pretty girl! She sounds like a nice addition to your flock! :) That's a bummer that Ideal went away from Langshans and Dorkings! Langshans are all the rage out here...I have yet to see a Dorking in person! They're like the corgi of chickens :D
Langshans are definitely on my favorite list. I have a few langshan hens from 2 to 7 years old, no roosters. I do have some mixed langshans, with easter egger and brahma. They are nice, friendly, and hardy. Even in our hot climate.
I do not have dorkings. I'd intended to get some this year. Sadly they stopped carrying them.
My welsummer hen from ideal is pretty, and her eggs are just gorgeous.
I have naked necks, and the two that I got from ideal, are my favorites as far as looks. They have a low posture, almost gamey look, and less feathers than my others.
My buff brahma from ideal is small but probably my prettiest hen, unfortunately the light brahma is sweet but homely.
I think Ideal's birds are very healthy and nice looking for the most part.
I hope to get some more of their orloffs next year, but we (me and the hens) keep hatching mixed breeds.

Langshans are definitely on my favorite list. I have a few langshan hens from 2 to 7 years old, no roosters. I do have some mixed langshans, with easter egger and brahma. They are nice, friendly, and hardy. Even in our hot climate.
I do not have dorkings. I'd intended to get some this year. Sadly they stopped carrying them.
My welsummer hen from ideal is pretty, and her eggs are just gorgeous.
I have naked necks, and the two that I got from ideal, are my favorites as far as looks. They have a low posture, almost gamey look, and less feathers than my others.
My buff brahma from ideal is small but probably my prettiest hen, unfortunately the light brahma is sweet but homely.
I think Ideal's birds are very healthy and nice looking for the most part.
I hope to get some more of their orloffs next year, but we (me and the hens) keep hatching mixed breeds.
Those silly birds are not cooperating 😆 There is a lady here in Sacramento (we’ll close to Sac) with the most gorgeous Langshans and she just started shipping eggs! If you ever wanna go that route check her out, she has so many amazing and beautiful birds (I have one of her Orpingtons and two of her Marans one of which is frizzled!). You can find her at www.Bombshellchix.com :) I’ve seen her Langshans in person, they are so pretty and huge and calm! 😍 She’s not cheap though, just a heads up!

Those silly birds are not cooperating 😆 There is a lady here in Sacramento (we’ll close to Sac) with the most gorgeous Langshans and she just started shipping eggs! If you ever wanna go that route check her out, she has so many amazing and beautiful birds (I have one of her Orpingtons and two of her Marans one of which is frizzled!). You can find her at www.Bombshellchix.com :) I’ve seen her Langshans in person, they are so pretty and huge and calm! 😍 She’s not cheap though, just a heads up!
Thank you. I'll keep her info!
I've been considering buying eggs from a place in North Carolina. They have blue langshans, among other breeds. I don’t know what it is with me and blue. 2 of my roosters are blue, so I've had some pretty blue chicks in the past.
I have a little blue chick right now that I think came from my orloff egg. I'll have to wait until the comb comes in to know for sure.

Thank you. I'll keep her info!
I've been considering buying eggs from a place in North Carolina. They have blue langshans, among other breeds. I don’t know what it is with me and blue. 2 of my roosters are blue, so I've had some pretty blue chicks in the past.
I have a little blue chick right now that I think came from my orloff egg. I'll have to wait until the comb comes in to know for sure.
Ahh you too! I have so many blue chickens and self-blues...haha. Well if you like unique colors, she has blue/black/splash Langshans and a ton of blue, self-blue, lavender mottled, chocolate, mauve, mauve splash, and others...in Orpingtons and Marans! And the Marans are starting to lay purple bloom eggs! :D It's heaven for someone like me who just LOVES diluted colorings and unique chickens! :D

Back
Top Bottom