Russian Orloffs

Pics
Quote:
sorry to hear that!
sad.png
Mine are spangled, is that what you ordered?

if you are looking for bantams and want to hatch some, I'd be happy to send you some eggs, just PM me.

I ordered Spangled too. I gave my incubator to a friend who hatches so I don't have an incubator atm but thank you so much for the offer
smile.png
. I was thinking about adding bantams to my flock next summer... got to slowly add (aka sneak in chicks) for my neighbors.

Quote:
Noooo- some of my chicks look like speckled sussex with cheeks! The reddish brown/chipmunk pattern. I've had the buff-ish ones too.

REALLY? So there is some hope? Can you post pictures?

hmmmm... I don't think mine has cheeks... and I think someone said my combs are all wrong... rats.

Last edited:
Quote:
Noooo- some of my chicks look like speckled sussex with cheeks! The reddish brown/chipmunk pattern. I've had the buff-ish ones too.

REALLY? So there is some hope? Can you post pictures?

hmmmm... I don't think mine has cheeks... and I think someone said my combs are all wrong... rats.

Eh- I can't put any pics on her- my GFM expired and I don't have the $ to renew it yet. But- look up speckled sussex chicks- some of mine look just like that, and others are the buff with very faint markings. The comb is flat- nothing there yet.

Don't worry about it. I just went and checked out my 3 "chipmunks" and they all have single combs. Defiantly not Russian Orloffs. Cry.

Thank you anyways
smile.png

The hatchery didn't call me back today either. hmmmm.

Last edited:
I have a question about Orloffs. To me they are real Oriental Game looking. But they have the beards and muffs. Are their feathers more like an oriental game (asil, thai, malay, etc) or are they more like a continental laying type? Or neither? something in between maybe? thanks!

Quote:
Aww- that sucks! maybe you got speckled sussex or leghorns or wellies by mistake. I hope they make good and send the right ones. I got the right kind form Ideal, but so far I have lost 6 of 8. Thank god I found some bigger ones! Where did you order them from?

Sounds like somewhere along the lines of a game or maybe a tad softer. They look like they have the same constitution as an asil or thai or madagascar game. I would like to have a hen or two. One day I will make that happen.

Back
Top Bottom