S*U*C*K*E*R* it must be written on my forehead...(Pics now)

thewarriorchild

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Ringwood area, NJ
TSC had chicks in. Red sex links and comets and NO (Thank God) ducks! So we have pullets...I could justify that I need more girls but the straight run comets... there were so many and I look and look and whoop there it is, a baby with a crooked beak, and no eye, and whoop there is another one, crooked beak and maybe no eye. Poor birds, this is where SUCKER comes in because of course someone has to take care of them. I figured maybe they would give me a discount. The manager was like, well they are already only 1.89 how much of a discount do you want? Well DUH they should have been FREE!! Poor things. I couldnt leave them there with that meanie!! So I bought them and brought them home. He said if they died he would give me my money back. I spent like 100$ in there too!! Poor birds... I will post pics tomorrow. My TSC is 30 minutes away but if they die he will see me with little frozen chicks in a bag and the cashier heard him so he better hope they live!. God please let them live I can not not not go back to that store!!!

We got 6 sex link pullets
2 with beak/eye issues and one that was just cute

I think I saw one with a curled foot. I am just hoping they stay asleep for now. I will get pictures up after work tomorrow

THis horse is having a baby right nOW if you are up..
http://www.marestare.com/cam.php?alias=sunsetsands

They both seem to not have one eye. The faces look very crooked I will try and get better pictures but I am trying to let them be because they had just gotten in yesterday and we had quite a trip home. Both are severely crooked but more disturbing if I can catch it on film is that the whole head seems smooshed
sad.png
They are eating and drinking from what I can tell. I have vitamins in the water. Oh and the one with its toes curled last night must have been just standing funny. All seems well now with all the little toes.

8066_0409092315.jpg

8066_0409092314a.jpg

8066_0409092314.jpg

8066_0409092312a.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for taking those little babies home with you.

I don't think the word "Sucker" is written on your forehead -- I think the message "Big Heart" is written there!

your not a sucker for sure, anyone with a good heart and the extra room would do that. I Applaud you for getting those babies out of there. I hope they all make it and can live normal lives I am happy my TSC quit selling chicks years ago.

AW, poor chicks!

That was good of you to take them home!

Good luck I hope they live!!
jumpy.gif

Chick rescue is a great idea
wink.png
I REALLY need to go buy a bigger farm. We've only owned our current farm house for a year, I think my husband would kill me...

That was very nice of you to take them. I was trying to give away (yes free!) 3 that had issues yesterday and only had one taken. I took the other 2 home with me and they are in my chickie hospital. One has a pecked eye and the other has a half missing toe! I hope yours are doing well, mine pulled through the night and ae snoozing away right now!

By the way, I think I am already starting a chicken rescue!! I have the 2 from yesterday and got word today that their is a bantie with issues. I also have a guy giving me 10 of the 25 he special ordered because he only wanted 15 but wanted Leghorns and RIR so he had to order them! Looks like a few more coops are in the works!

Back
Top Bottom