SAC ATTACHED! Please help me!

Again, if he comes out of the egg wrap him in a paper towel and put him in a small container/cup in the incubator so he can finish absorbing the yolk. You holding him will not provide the warmth he needs. The yolk sac itself looks like it'll take another 1-2 days before it's done or close to being done absorbing.
Good morning ma’am,

The yolk sac if half the size today. He’s very comfortable and is taking special electrolytes for weak and premature surgery ducklings and chics. He’s pooping and peeing on his own and seems stronger today, but anything can happen..
I’m trying so hard to save this precious baby. We won’t even turn on our air conditioning and it’s 95!! 😩
Fingers crossed 🤞
Thank you so very much for all your help and concern. ❤️

Good morning ma’am,

The yolk sac if half the size today. He’s very comfortable and is taking special electrolytes for weak and premature surgery ducklings and chics. He’s pooping and peeing on his own and seems stronger today, but anything can happen..
I’m trying so hard to save this precious baby. We won’t even turn on our air conditioning and it’s 95!! 😩
Fingers crossed 🤞
Didn’t mean to say surgery..

Good morning ma’am,

Fingers crossed 🤞
That's good to here. Hopefully it will continue to absorb without any issues.

Hello! How is the little duckling doing? I just wanted to say…you are an AMAZING duckling mama! Wow. Most people would be like “it’s just a little ducking, there are thousands more!” But you have treated this baby duck with SO much love and care, tending to its every need and praying for it to get better. You are doing everything right, and doing it AMAZING! All your Animals are SO lucky to have you!! I will be hoping and praying that this little duckling makes it, but with so much love I am sure it will! Great GREAT job!! You are a wonderfully kind and tender person.

Hello! How is the little duckling doing? I just wanted to say…you are an AMAZING duckling mama! Wow. Most people would be like “it’s just a little ducking, there are thousands more!” But you have treated this baby duck with SO much love and care, tending to its every need and praying for it to get better. You are doing everything right, and doing it AMAZING! All your Animals are SO lucky to have you!! I will be hoping and praying that this little duckling makes it, but with so much love I am sure it will! Great GREAT job!! You are a wonderfully kind and tender person.
Oh my goodness! You just made me cry. What a beautiful thing to say. ❤️

Well, this morning his yolk sac was totally absorbed! But he’s still quite weak. His kicking his legs like crazy, I’m afraid he’s going to injure his eyes.
Naturally he’s trying really hard to stand but his neck is still too weak. I’m holding him with his legs on the ground (almost like duckling physical therapy! Lol!)
Now that his sac is absorbed he will need to eat, right?
I’m currently giving him “Save a Chic” electrolytes and vitamins with a dropper and he’ll take some of that, but he’s not interested in the special food I got him. I made a soupy paste with warm water, but he’s not interested and I’m afraid he’ll starve now that he doesn’t have his yolk sac anymore.
I keep his box next to my bed to I can check on him during the night and make sure the temperature stays as it should.

Oh! And about 20 minutes ago another egg hatched! My 9 year old daughter named his “Otis” 💕
I want to ask if you feel it’s absolutely necessary to keep him in that tiny incubator for 24 hours?? He can’t even stand up! Can I remove him when he’s completely dry?
And another question, Lol! Should I put Otis in with little Pip? I only have one brooding box and one heat lamp. Do you think it would Pip or make things worse?
If I can’t put them together I’ll have to spend quite a lot making up a separate brooder. I don’t know what to do, and we still have 2 more eggs to hatch! 😉

Any advice would be so appreciated and helpful. ❤️❤️❤️

Here is Pip today and Otis, (the wet one!)

Hugs,
Amy

Attachments

• 9678902A-54E7-464E-9225-14748E5A2EBD.jpeg
    9678902A-54E7-464E-9225-14748E5A2EBD.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 0233CBC7-A6B9-4857-8BDD-856163E40B75.jpeg
    0233CBC7-A6B9-4857-8BDD-856163E40B75.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 51A45665-1738-45C8-B56A-8A37301854E3.jpeg
    51A45665-1738-45C8-B56A-8A37301854E3.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2AB7C9FA-B520-4A08-98CF-0BE3E0E59179.jpeg
    2AB7C9FA-B520-4A08-98CF-0BE3E0E59179.jpeg
    449.1 KB · Views: 1
  • D6401583-AA2F-4441-A602-CD0CE1B51770.jpeg
    D6401583-AA2F-4441-A602-CD0CE1B51770.jpeg
    434.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 42275D93-3930-4AE6-8CE7-E4993479E5B6.jpeg
    42275D93-3930-4AE6-8CE7-E4993479E5B6.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 1
Oh my goodness! You just made me cry. What a beautiful thing to say. ❤️

Well, this morning his yolk sac was totally absorbed! But he’s still quite weak. His kicking his legs like crazy, I’m afraid he’s going to injure his eyes.
Naturally he’s trying really hard to stand but his neck is still too weak. I’m holding him with his legs on the ground (almost like duckling physical therapy! Lol!)
Now that his sac is absorbed he will need to eat, right?
I’m currently giving him “Save a Chic” electrolytes and vitamins with a dropper and he’ll take some of that, but he’s not interested in the special food I got him. I made a soupy paste with warm water, but he’s not interested and I’m afraid he’ll starve now that he doesn’t have his yolk sac anymore.
I keep his box next to my bed to I can check on him during the night and make sure the temperature stays as it should.

Oh! And about 20 minutes ago another egg hatched! My 9 year old daughter named his “Otis” 💕
I want to ask if you feel it’s absolutely necessary to keep him in that tiny incubator for 24 hours?? He can’t even stand up! Can I remove him when he’s completely dry?
And another question, Lol! Should I put Otis in with little Pip? I only have one brooding box and one heat lamp. Do you think it would Pip or make things worse?
If I can’t put them together I’ll have to spend quite a lot making up a separate brooder. I don’t know what to do, and we still have 2 more eggs to hatch! 😉

Any advice would be so appreciated and helpful. ❤️❤️❤️

Here is Pip today and Otis, (the wet one!)

Hugs,
Amy
Oh! I am so glad I could make you happy. All the things I said where 💯 true!

I don’t raise ducklings, so I can’t offer a ton of help. But I know with chicks, The yolk lasts for three days, and so they don’t need to eat in that time.

Also, about Odis, I never kept my chicks in the incubator for as long as I was told. Maybe 2-3 hours? Just until they where mostly dry. Then I held them in a towel near the heat source to let them dry the rest.

I don’t know if it is the same for ducklings, but I am assuming it is?

I am so so glad to hear he is doing better!

Back
Top Bottom