sad, just sharing

If you know in your heart you need to get rid of him, I hate to say this...but the sooner the better. You will just keep getting attached and it will be harder the longer you wait. Another consideration is that you might not like him as much when he gets his "drive". He could turn nasty in a blink of the eye (and he can't help it...he is just doing what roos do) and then he will be hard to re-home.

I just went through this myself. I had to give up 6 and my "favorite" 2 were going to be dinner. I ached for a few days after, but I'm okay now. I just whispered in their little ears "this is your destiny...". I just could NOT have roos here, nor did I want to deal with the hormones later. They really do change when they mature...especially with hens around

Good luck in your decision. It is sad either way you decide. Remember, you still have your hens.

Well if it is 100% legal to have your chickens, then who's concern is it but yours. If your chickens make you happy, its no-ones business, especially a drunken neighbor. Keep him. At least give him a chance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom