Sad news...

Big Dreamer

Songster
9 Years
Aug 21, 2010
Central, FL
I have 3 ducks a mixed brown and white female, her brother a grey and white male, and a jumbo pekin that is a male. They haven't reached sexual maturity, but the female is way to loud. so i have to get rid of all 3 because they love each other and when they are apart its like a train horn went off so i have to keep them together, once i let my babies go to a different home i wanted to get a quieter breed, i heard that welsh harlequin aren't that loud, good layers, good mommas, and very friendly. Is this true, and if it is please anything will help. Also if there is anyone in central Florida that has welsh harlequin ducklings i would be glad if you posted.

Thank you

Female ducks are the loud quackers...I have Harlequins and while they are a bit quieter than some breeds but they are still very loud. The boys are the quiet ones. Hopefully someone knows of a more quiet breed of duck but to my knowledge the standard sized are all about the same.

Here is another vote for Welsh Harlequin being extremely loud! My 4 can rattle the windows just about....or rather, my 3 girls can. The boy has a sweet soft sound instead. If you just want a couple ducks, what about getting a pair of drakes? They should get along without girls around and are so much quieter (and prettier).

well i wanted eggs and maybe for the momma the sit on some eggs and hatch em. DUCKLINGS!! but do you thing that having welsh females will be to loud for the neighbors? they will be by my canal about 20 yards from his house and the other neighbor on the other side isnt home at all and the guy next to me dosent come out very ofen, and he hasent complained yet. and the ducks are only 20 feet from his house now, so im not sure, just give me some feedback i ill think about it!!
smile.png
thanks

Also wanted to add that the pen we are building is going to be 8 feet by 42 feet, gove or take a few inches, is that big enough for 5 ducks? plus there will be a a coop for the night in the pen, plus 1 or 2 pools. is that okay for 5?? feedback please

Quote:
definitely NOT quiet! Mine is so loud- you can hear her a state away.

Muscovies- guaranteed quiet.
smile.png
Good luck with whichever you choose. I also know the sadness of having to give away the loud one and friend..
sad.png
I have to rehome my cayuga because she is too loud and they are illegal here- and possibly her buddy, because he is very attached to her and I would hate for him to lose his friend.
sad.png

Exactly why i have to get rid of all 3, of one goes they start quaking like crazy, and its just better in a new home to have someone you know instead of being all alone...they are also illegal where im at in city limits, but i dont really like Muscovy, im looking for a beautiful( in my opinion i dont like the skin on their head) breed good eggers and moms and dont quak as much, although the new pen will be a lot farther from the nieghbor, now i just need to find some WH ducklings in central florida!!
cool.png

give me more feedback if you think theres anything to add please and thank you!

Back
Top Bottom