Saddle sack? Help needed please!

Pics

Jaylou88

Chirping
May 24, 2022
Morning

I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything I need to know about saddle air sacks, please? It seems my eggs have them. They seem to be progressing fine (day 14 today)

They were postal eggs and from what little I have found on the Internet, saddle air sacks are common for postals.

They are in an auto turning incubator on their side being turned every 2 hours.

Ever since reading that calls are hard to hatch and many die, I've become so worried I will lose them so now I'm panicking more about the air sacks 🙈

I will try to attach some photos.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

xox
20220524_110020.jpg

I just did shipped eggs and one had a HUGE saddle and it hatched just fine.

It was not a call, I’ve heard those are more difficult as far as needing assistance but I don’t know that the air cell would make it worse?
Hi,

Thank you so much for commenting.

I haven't found much info on saddle sack apart from people debating which position they should be in.

I'm hoping my eggs will be fine too. I've become attached to them already.

Glad yours hatched fine, that is so nice to hear x

Hi,

Thank you so much for commenting.

I haven't found much info on saddle sack apart from people debating which position they should be in.

I'm hoping my eggs will be fine too. I've become attached to them already.

Glad yours hatched fine, that is so nice to hear x
What do you mean what position they should be in?

You’re welcome. I was really worried about it to. The other egg that hatched had a normal air cell and it had a harder time than the saddled.

How many eggs do you have?

What do you mean what position they should be in?

You’re welcome. I was really worried about it to. The other egg that hatched had a normal air cell and it had a harder time than the saddled.

How many eggs do you have?
So from what I can see, some people are saying that eggs with saddle sacks should be placed in an upright position in the incubator and others are saying g to be placed on their side, with the smaller part of the air sack facing up. It's confused me lol

I have 5 eggs that seem to be progressing well. I originally had 6 but one didn't develop at all x

So from what I can see, some people are saying that eggs with saddle sacks should be placed in an upright position in the incubator and others are saying g to be placed on their side, with the smaller part of the air sack facing up. It's confused me lol

I have 5 eggs that seem to be progressing well. I originally had 6 but one didn't develop at all x
Usually that's for the first few days of incubation. Did you let the eggs rest whenever you received them? The main concern with air cells at this point will be the size.

I let mine rest pointy end down for 2 days. Then I put them in the incubator vertical, pointy end down for the first weekish and then laid them down normal and used the auto turner.

Back
Top Bottom