Saddle sack? Help needed please!

How saddled are the air cells? This is common and I've had Calls hatch with saddled air cells
I've just stood them up so I could get photos of the air sacks. I'll attach them now x

Attachments

• 20220524_124243.jpg
    20220524_124243.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220524_124237.jpg
    20220524_124237.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 2
I didn't let them rest, unfortunately. I foolishly didn't do enough research, which is upsetting x
Don't beat yourself up. All hope is not lost. The air cells don't look terrible. I'm looking for a link for you 💜 I'll be back 😉 Just in case she's on @BirdsBeesTrees has two articles I wanted to link. One is a day by day picture of Call Duck egg air cells and the other is a Call Duck Specific Hatching Assistance article.

Thank you for the links :)

I'm trying to keep the humidity at 50%. That was recommended to me by the seller of the eggs. Although, I've seen many different humidity recommendations when researching x
The best judge on each persons target humidity is your air cells. I typically dry hatch Calls for the most part, but I'm in humid NC. I believe Shaw also dry hatches mostly. The best thing to watch is your air cells. After day 10, some people like to mist the eggs daily and cool them (incubator stops heating for a certain amount of time. 10-15 minutes per day, in my case). I really can't say if it increased my hatch rates or not. It is suggested by Dave Holderread so many of us take his knowledge to heart. You really have to keep a check on your eggs and adjust as needed. BirdsBeesTrees has done cooling and misting enough to see a difference I believe.

Back
Top Bottom