Safety hole?

sry that was posted on the wrong thread. The hatched baby duck was not liking the brooder. Now it is content to be with his friends again. I hope I didn’t open the incubator up too much..? The humidity comes back up quickly. Can I leave the duckling in the incubator over night? It is as tall as the heating element so I don’t want it to burn but... not likening the brood alone.

This look good? I haven’t added foot or water.View attachment 2393634
Looks good! They don't need food or water yet. Put food and water in tomorrow. That food dish might not work. A little lid of some kind wor is best for the first few days. I use puppy pads for the first week, because I can monitor poop better and they find the food easier.

Okay! Two are pipped and one is trying to zip. The other two are kind of turning purple like where the air cell is and they are chirping and moving a ton tho. She I help the purple ones?

sry that was posted on the wrong thread. The hatched baby duck was not liking the brooder. Now it is content to be with his friends again. I hope I didn’t open the incubator up too much..? The humidity comes back up quickly. Can I leave the duckling in the incubator over night? It is as tall as the heating element so I don’t want it to burn but... not likening the brood alone.
I would change the lamp to a red heat bulb. It's more calming to them. Make sure the bulb is not teflon coated, and that it is made specifically for animals. He should stay in the brooder. He'll be ok. You don't want him to burn himself. What's the temp directly under the lamp?

Okay! Two are pipped and one is trying to zip. The other two are kind of turning purple like where the air cell is and they are chirping and moving a ton tho. She I help the purple ones?
Nope! Leave them all alone. They're doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom