Safety Issues with Homemade bators

No house buring!!! LOL:lau But shoot a headline like that would make national news!! Shame and fame for sure!
gig.gif

Faulty space heater and an extension cord that could not handle the heater wattage that was in the basement was the demise of the ole tri-level house in Nov '93. BTW State Farm is awesome!
big_smile.png

Strange this came up, I just completed a homemade hatcher today. I use the light sting that has several bulb holders, like you use in those Christmas village sets. I am using a 7 watt night light and a 15 watt bulb. The string has a circuit fuse build in. It makes me fell better with that in there. You do need to be careful and place the bulb low enough in the box so it will not get to close to the foam and overheat. I don't have a fan in the box and I don't need a turner so there is only one connection. I guess I could go haywire but the logic of the wiring does not lead me to believe it is any more likely to catch fire than any other low watt lamp. I used a box from a Lobstergram that came at Chrismas. It is 2" styrofoam and hold heat very well. I am testing it now and then I will make whatever adjustments I need. I have to cover the thermostat yet but I feel pretty comfortable with it.

So I called my local feed stores , One has to get back to me cause they dont carry them in stock they order them as they go and one has a , Little Giant still air for 67.00 and the one about 40 miles away carries the same one for 58.95.
This seems a little steep to me I think I have seen them on diffrent sites from about 40-55 but I guess if I add in shipping then eh .
Any Ideas, thoughts, comments, free chicks
tongue2.gif

You peeps are so awsome thank you for putting up with all my blathering ..lol
I am use to haveing animals I know way to much about and haveing something I dont barely understand basics of is just crazy.
I was going for the homemade then the store bought now I am leaning back the other way again lol Im about as decisive as a women with pms in a mega choclate out let store.

Ok lol I might just have to do both heh other wise it could be next spring befor I have a bator because I cant make up my mind.
celebrate.gif

Is the Tractor supply co. a good place to buy stuff they have a ..
Little giant still air ( 9200) for 41.99 and only like 8 bucks for shipping thats between 9 and 17 cheaper then what I cant buy around here where I live. But I am very very carefull about what i buy online cause I dont like giveing out my card number you know.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom