Saipan Jungle Fowl Thread

Pics
No one's posted on this thread in a while, so thought I'd bump it out and see how everyone's birds are doing. I have 6 hatchery (Ideal) "Saipans" - about 5 weeks old now. 2 cockerels, 4 pullets. Hubby and I make a point to handle the cockerels as much as possible and the girls when time allows (we have a flock of almost 90 birds of varied breeds). I know they're hatchery birds, but they're lovely and we do plan on setting them up their own pen and take a crack at selectively breeding and hopefully adding some other lines to them in the future (once I locate someone who will either ship to NM or is in neighboring state and driveable). Anyway, Will try to get some pics of what our chicks look like now (boys are just getting their dark red shoulder feathers. Really beautiful birds. :)

Cheers,
Wendy

No one's posted on this thread in a while, so thought I'd bump it out and see how everyone's birds are doing.  I have 6 hatchery (Ideal) "Saipans" - about 5 weeks old now.  2 cockerels, 4 pullets.  Hubby and I make a point to handle the cockerels as much as possible and the girls when time allows (we have a flock of almost 90 birds of varied breeds).  I know they're hatchery birds, but they're lovely and we do plan on setting them up their own pen and take a crack at selectively breeding and hopefully adding some other lines to them in the future (once I locate someone who will either ship to NM or is in neighboring state and driveable).  Anyway, Will try to get some pics of what our chicks look like now (boys are just getting their dark red shoulder feathers.  Really beautiful birds. :)

Cheers,
Wendy

I'd love to see how your Saipans are maturing. Mine were hatched March 10th..pictured at 4 months and just under 4 months.

Here are some of my Saipans from Ideal. They were hatched 5/20. They are VERY social, love to held (for now!) and only one of the females came out with the less-desirable darker coloration.

No one's posted on this thread in a while, so thought I'd bump it out and see how everyone's birds are doing. I have 6 hatchery (Ideal) "Saipans" - about 5 weeks old now. 2 cockerels, 4 pullets. Hubby and I make a point to handle the cockerels as much as possible and the girls when time allows (we have a flock of almost 90 birds of varied breeds). I know they're hatchery birds, but they're lovely and we do plan on setting them up their own pen and take a crack at selectively breeding and hopefully adding some other lines to them in the future (once I locate someone who will either ship to NM or is in neighboring state and driveable). Anyway, Will try to get some pics of what our chicks look like now (boys are just getting their dark red shoulder feathers. Really beautiful birds. :)

Cheers,
Wendy

hello , are they really big? I hear they can get 3 feet tall. I saw cackle hatcheries picks of their birds very big

Back
Top Bottom