Saipan Jungle Fowl Thread

There is no breed standard for Saipans. All you have to go on are what the older breeders say, and older pictures, etc. I honestly do not know if anyone really has good ones anymore. If you want huge orientals, try some Shamo.

thats the truth about the Shamo's. I have 3 and I swear sometimes I think I have young pterodactyl dinosaurs running around here!

Hes almost a year old now. I have him with a hen thats almost as big as he is, they should make some nice sized babys
thumbsup.gif

Hes almost a year old now. I have him with a hen thats almost as big as he is, they should make some nice sized babys
thumbsup.gif

Looking good! Can't see him too well from the thighs down 'cause of the tall grass, but what I see looks good!
yesss.gif

I need to upload some more pics of my Oriental cock. He has a body carriage that reminds me of Saipans. Too bad we don't live closer. We could probably pool our chicken genes towards a Saipan project.

BTW, where did you get your Saipans?

God bless,
~Gresh~

I got mine from a woman that lives near me, she was an old asian lady and I could barely understand anything she said so we didnt talk much. I bought all she had, she said she didnt want them anymore because they took to long to grow and the hatch rate on them was real low which totally seems to be the case for me as well. I like em though, havent lost one yet and they free range all day. Last year I lost about 60 birds to predators, since my big saipan roosters been about I havent lost a single one, he does a great job taking care of his ladys lol.

Back
Top Bottom