Saipan Jungle Fowl Thread

In the above post, the BBR roo is a one of the second year saipans from ideal. Pretty gentle and reasonable, but was an extra roo, so went to the freezer. You can see compared to the barred sex link, how much bigger he is, as the barred is very fluffy, while he is all muscle.

The yellow duckwing at the bottom is a first year saipan (the bigger ones) crossed on dark Brahmas. Very reasonable and not at all mean, polite to the hens. Ive just put him in the pen with the brown leghorns and jerseys, just so they have a roo to keep them company. He is a very handsome, huge bird-his full brother is in another pic above and is also a yellow duckwing. My boyfriend makes fun of me and says he thought I raised chickens not turkeys!

WhiteSaipanCkl.JPEG

I spent quite a few years experimenting with a variety of Oriental fowl, mosly Asils. At one point I got a pair of white Saipans from Hazel Matthews. They were huge, the cock was around 20" in height. I had little, success in breeding them, none actually, and lost the cock in an accidental yard fight. Broke my heart.

This is a very informative thread. I myself will be getting some saipans for a new breed project. I'll be getting the saipans next spring.

forgot some old photos
Forkman45 good to see you posting. I've lately been thinking of the good times I had on the Ultimate Fowl Forum when it was up and running. I miss those times and the forum. I hope all is well with you and yours.
P.S. Do you still have any whites?

Forkman45 good to see you posting. I've lately been thinking of the good times I had on the Ultimate Fowl Forum when it was up and running. I miss those times and the forum. I hope all is well with you and yours.
P.S. Do you still have any whites?
Doing great. No Saipans anymore. Do have a couple hens with malay and saipan blood. Have several asils all from irds from Doc from the UFF. Have some Shamo eggs in the incuator now,good ones.

I am jazzed about the Saipans. I won’t know what we have for sure as far as gender or general health till they arrive and mature but if all goes well I will have a few to get a small purebred and cross breeding program going.

We have orders of various breeds arriving June through August, I think they are a July order.

Back
Top Bottom