salad dressings

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Whispering Winds, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I have an old buddy who loves to mix up stuff, and he created this vinegar/tomato juice/herbs and spices salad dressing that is a big hit with a lot of people around here and they would like to have some. He called me and ask if he could can salad dressing, and I didn't know what to tell him. I think this would have a long shelf life in the fridge, as its olive oil, vinegar, tomator juice, and herbs like I said . . . any ideas. I told him I had found a fantastic website where everyone has great ideas, and I would ask!!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Hi there!! I am asking that this be moved to the Recipes section where you will get better responses and more answers.

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Commercial salad dressing is prepared and canned in a way that is not possible at home. Canning your dressing with the method we have available will breakdown the dressing.

And yes, kept in the frig the dressing would have a very long shelf life. I'm not sure just how long but I've had homemade dressings last in the frig for a couple of months and still taste fresh.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by