Salmon Faverolle slow feathering and growth

Im sorry I was locking up the coop here and making sure everybody was good for the night.

But I see you were given some wonderful advise and direction that could not have been more correct if you paid it.
That is awesome.:)
Just leave the runt with Sugar. Put them in a warm dark room. Yes, she'll cry for a while. But it will stop. Sugar might just lose the will to live if he doesn't have a flockmate.

Now don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Faverolles vary wildly from hatchery to hatchery, some so distinctly I don't even have to ask where they came from ..example Ideal hatchery birds have crazy colors, super hard to sex those birds because everybody is calico.
Meyers has pretty birds, fairly healthy but they're small very,very small.
You believe it or not you get different quality if you opt for fertile eggs instead of chicks.
I got my senior birds from MPC as eggs in 2017 got two physically that met standard and one with no muffs, beard nothin!.
Point being the hatcheries have good as well as bad, so maybe get a,little nosy and buy from good ones .:)
Ya, I didn’t really think before I typed, I’m just am upset about the bad genetics that sometimes occur In hatcheries. Sorry, about that.

Oh no, completely understandable.
There are so many awful consequences possible from bad breeding that absolutely could be avoided but are not just to make a dollar.
It is upsetting in a whole lot of ways.
Ya, I didn’t really think before I typed, I’m just am upset about the bad genetics that sometimes occur In hatcheries. Sorry, about that.

Back
Top Bottom