Salmon Faverolles

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
We got a couple of Salmon Faverolles from a guy that got them from Ideal (if you read my other posts they are supposed to be 5 weeks, but I think they are at least 8 weeks lol) I suspect one cockeral, but they are supposed to be pullets.

What do you think?

Chick 8:
chick-8.jpg

chick-8-2.jpg

chick-8-3.jpg

chick-8-4.jpg

Chick-1
chick-1-1.jpg

chick-1-2.jpg

chick-1-3.jpg

Look like girls to me! Boys have totally different colors, including a black underside. Yours are mostly white, though they do have some color leakage. Just a sign that they aren't show quality, but they'll still be sweet pets and great layers!

Quote:
Thanks, we have to decided which one to keep now lol. We got 9 chicks, in case some didnt make it (you know chicken math) and we only want 3, but there are 4 breeds we definitely want. Sigh

Just know that faverolles are so sweet and docile, they are usually at the bottom of the pecking order in a mixed flock. I have 6 bantams, including a bantam faverolle. My bantam faverolle is by far the largest bantam, but she is at the bottom of the pecking order. Even the silkie picks on her!!!
sad.png
They have never hurt her, they just don't let her near them while they're eating, she has to wait until they're all done.
sad.png
so sad!

Quote:
Most of our chickens are pretty sweet and docile. The head girl is a EE, we have a New Hampshire that is mean to girls down lower, she is calming though. She tries to pick on the rescue EE and I went in the coop and every time she would mess with her, I would put my hand on her back and she would squat. I kept doing that a few days and she does not pluck at her any more.

Back
Top Bottom