San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

I'd love to attend a meet up. Are you hosting WFF2? :)

Alpine is a long way for a lot of the people to travel.  We usually try to find a nice park that is more centrally located.  Biosecurity is of course another concern.

I would love to go to Alpine but I understand the concern....  right now cant do anything I have been horribly sick.   Looks like it will be a couple of months before I can get out and about...

deb

Sorry to hear that Deb :hugs

Hope you feel better soon

Quote:
I would love to go to Alpine but I understand the concern.... right now cant do anything I have been horribly sick. Looks like it will be a couple of months before I can get out and about...

deb

Sorry to hear that Deb
hugs.gif

Hope you feel better soon

Just Bells Palsy thought I was having a stroke.... While I was in the ER.... Hypertension and HUGE urinary tract infection.

I lost twelve pounds in the first four days electolytes are messed up. Can barely stand.... a nurse friend told me to get some pedialyte started that last night. Feeling better longer but I am sleepiong a good 15 18 hours a day.

BUT the encouraging thing is the twelve pounds and when I have moments where I have clarity I can WALK> Monday I weight in at Weight watchers and see what my true weight loss has been

Oh and I feel the Palsy diminishing day to day... I can blink my eye somewhat now.

deb

Deb, Hope you are feeling better.

I have some Muscovy ducklings born on the 19th. Six are already spoken for. I have eight available. On Monday I will be posting them for 5 dollars each on Craigslist. They would be free for BYCers.
Drake is a solid lilac. Hen is a pied blue.

The ducklings are black, blue, lilac, buff and silver. I think. Solid, pied, wild type and dusky. Learycow thought that some of the dusky ones might be self colored. From pictures posted on duck thread. Thanks.

Found a stash of eggs hidden on the property today! Those darn girls! I have no idea how long they've been laying in this spot (could only have started from November 2015 when I moved), but I hate the idea of wasting and throwing them all away. What does everyone do with eggs they find?

Found a stash of eggs hidden on the property today! Those darn girls! I have no idea how long they've been laying in this spot (could only have started from November 2015 when I moved), but I hate the idea of wasting and throwing them all away. What does everyone do with eggs they find?

I put em on a tray and put em on the roof of the coop. The ravens clear them up pretty quickly. Yep some are good but I wouldnt want to chance it.

Besides Ravens are good to have around they displace flying predators.

deb

Last edited:

You could candle them to pick out the fresh ones....but of course ravens need to eat too :)

Back
Top Bottom