San Diego!!!

tcolbry

Hatching
Jan 24, 2016
I'm north of San Diego in Escondido. I'm new to BYC & haven't found anyone posting in my area. I have a coop & just now starting to look for laying hens. I've had hens before but it's been about 7 months. Excited to have a new flock!

Hi Neighbor!

I'm in Escondido now (unincorporated San Diego County Zoning laws! YEAH!).
I have a 25 chicken flock cap. I'm down by 7 hens right now (long story involving coyotes, hatching and lots of roosters :/)

I'm not sure I'm going to add 7 this Spring or not.
Right now I'm dealing with a mama goat who is only recognizing one of her babies. So milking, bottle feeding, worrying, etc.
Going to try to trick her into taking her baby again today. *sigh*

Wow, I haven't been to this forum in ages, but it is always my go-to place for chicken info.

Susan
Thorny Ranch, Escondido.

Im in East Escondido near the cemetery! Im new to chickens as well. We have 4 hens between 4-5 weeks old. Currently in the process of building their coop. Very exciting!

I'm in SE Escondido too, off San Pasqual. I'm down to 3 hens but looking to add more soon! Anyone having issues with coyotes during the day? They're in the yard every night which always sends a brief panic of "did I lock the coop?" Knock on wood... they haven't shown any interest in the chickens in the last 3 years.

Hey there from Bonita/Chula Vista area I'm new here and to having chicks my 2 1/2 year old baby girl got 3 buff Orpingtons and 2 black Jersey giants for x-mas they are roughly month in a half old they all seem to be doing well except "Bow" who is a Jersey we have noticed she has been high stepping big time I have checked her feet and don't see anything wrong and I have been doing some reading and starting to worry a bit wondering if anyone can point me in a direction to where I can find out what's going on with her please help thanks tons
Raina

Vista here checking in. Raised chickens with my parents... a LONG time ago... just getting back into it.

Received my new flock of 2 Americauna, 2 Buff Orpington, 1 Barred Rock and 1 Blue Andaulusian from Escondido feed and pet supply.

Still brooding my flock but today they decided to hop to the top of the brood box, guess I am building a lid tonight.

Hi! I just moved to Escondido!

I don't have chickens yet. YET. =) This is exciting.

In need of a coop, so I'm looking at my options.

Nice to know there are other people on here from Esco!

Hi! I just moved to Escondido!

I don't have chickens yet. YET. =) This is exciting.

In need of a coop, so I'm looking at my options.

Nice to know there are other people on here from Esco!
Welcome!

I was very excited to get back into this. A little nervous, but more so with how my neighbors would be with us having chickens. So far no issues. Then again there has been no crowing.

Back
Top Bottom