Sand bag?

Brooke_pirate

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2020
Hey so I picked up my hen today and I noticed her chest felt like a sand bag??? I’m not sure if this is good can I get some feed back on these please.

Most likely normal.

Remove all food and water after she goes to roost. First thing in the morning, go check her crop (area you felt the sand-bag feeling) and see if it feels the same. Return food and water after you check her crop and report back here.

Most likely normal.

Remove all food and water after she goes to roost. First thing in the morning, go check her crop (area you felt the sand-bag feeling) and see if it feels the same. Return food and water after you check her crop and report back here.
X2

@Brooke_pirate Welcome To BYC
Please do check first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks - the crop should be empty.

If you are checking a crop during the day when a chicken has been eating/drinking, you will feel food in it. The crop is like a pouch that holds food/water waiting to go through the digestive process.

X2

@Brooke_pirate Welcome To BYC
Please do check first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks - the crop should be empty.

If you are checking a crop during the day when a chicken has been eating/drinking, you will feel food in it. The crop is like a pouch that holds food/water waiting to go through the digestive process.
Thank you very much i did not know that about chickens! It was all good now thank you agian.

Back
Top Bottom