Sapphire Olive Egger vs. Sapphire Gem

You're most welcome!
I believe my first flock is made up of two RIR pullets, one Buff Orpington pullet, one Black Australorp cockerel, and one Sapphire Olive Egger cockerel.

Attachments

• IMG_20221202_191756600~2.jpg
    IMG_20221202_191756600~2.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 8
I believe my first flock is made up of two RIR pullets, one Buff Orpington pullet, one Black Australorp cockerel, and one Sapphire Olive Egger cockerel.
Looks like you're spot on! You'll need to get rid of at least one of the cockerels. They are also old enough that they need 100x more room and to be outside.

I was thinking about having two separate runs and switching out the cockerels every other week. So each one gets to spend time with the ladies while the one in the isolated run has no line of sight of the others. Do you think that would be okay? I just wanted to have a second one in case one of the cockerels passed away.
They are approx 5-6 weeks and weather in the 30s. I am extending their brooder today. I was planning on moving them to the garage around 8 weeks.

I was thinking about having two separate runs and switching out the cockerels every other week. So each one gets to spend time with the ladies while the one in the isolated run has no line of sight of the others. Do you think that would be okay? I just wanted to have a second one in case one of the cockerels passed away.
They are approx 5-6 weeks and weather in the 30s. I am extending their brooder today. I was planning on moving them to the garage around 8 weeks.
The reason that's a bad idea is because it will constantly disrupt the pecking order. It will keep it chaos 100% of the time.

It typically takes a good 2 weeks for them all to settle down after adding a new bird. Taking one bird out for a week then adding it back will make that bird a new bird.

It typically takes a good 2 weeks for them all to settle down after adding a new bird. Taking one bird out for a week then adding it back will make that bird a new bir
It typically takes a good 2 weeks for them all to settle down after adding a new bird. Taking one bird out for a week then adding it back will make that bird a new bird.

Looks like he's probably a Sapphire OE.
Hoover's got back with me and confirmed I have a Sapphire Olive Egger and a Black Australorp cockerel!

Back
Top Bottom