Satellite maps are kinda creepy....

Knock Kneed Hen

California Dream'in Chickens
9 Years
Feb 15, 2010
So. Cal.
I just put in my address as it's been a while since I've checked it, and sure enough there is my new coop! I think they even got a picture of me painting the outside!!

I don't like that any stranger can put in my address, get a layout of my property, what I have where...you get it....I just find that creepy!!

I feel the same way!!! It is very creepy! I don't think they should just be available for anyone to see. Those satellite maps are a stalker's, murderer, etc dream come true!!!

Even though we freeze all winter and spend a fortune trying to heat the place, sat images make me VERY glad to have heavy tree cover. Not just overhead, but all around as well. Makes it tough to garden, but we are virtually invisible.

Very creepy! Invasion of privacy. And yeah- local theifs could totally size you up using this technology.

I think we are too far out in the country to have good images of our property but I will have to double check when I am not on dial up.

Quote:
You'd be surprised - we are rural and there are several pics of our property from street level, right on the tiny side road! In one, you can see the back end of my truck. Luckily, the plate is unreadable. I don't park it there anymore though.

yeah i really don't like it either, invasion of privacy and all that. i checked out our place the other day. backyards should be private, not readily accessible by anyone with the internet. and yeah, as has been pointed out, so many different illegitimate uses for the images.

If I remember right, it is totally legal for anyone to take pictures of your property as long as they aren't actually on your property. There's no legal issue with the sat. photos.

And if someone wants to stalk, murder, or rob you, they can find a way to do it with or without Google Earth.

Yeah I am surprised theres no privacy law to protect us. Especially insurance companies will relize this great tool to find stuff we shouldn't have or things not covered ect. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom