Satin silkie with cocked head

Rochelle Morris

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2020
I'm hoping someone can help. My six month old satin silkie got pecked in head and is now holding her head cocked to one side. When it first happened she kept running around in circles and now she just keeps head to one side. I've been watching to see if she can eat and drink. Have seen her drink but hasn't found the food on her own. Is there something I can do for this or will she come out of it on her own? Thanks for any help

You'll likely have to hand feed or tube her for a while, she's not going to last long if she doesn't eat.

Offer her vitamin therapy as well. 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex. A daily treat of egg would be good to give as well.

You'll likely have to hand feed or tube her for a while, she's not going to last long if she doesn't eat.

Offer her vitamin therapy as well. 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex. A daily treat of egg would be good to give as well.
Thanks, I've been giving her vitamin E with selenium. Just snipped the end of and squeezed in her mouth. I'll have to purchase the vitamin B-Complex. Just feed her mash out of a baby spoon and water with syringe but she seems no better than yesterday. Since it was an injury, do you think I should be giving the liquid ibuprofen. I'll have go buy some, but it was suggested in a different thread I read.

Back
Top Bottom