Savannah Playhouse Coop with Pics * Update Oct 18th, Crunched the roof

Thank you both.
smile.png
Well, I am 2 planks away from being finished with the playhouse assembly! As soon as my drill recharges
roll.png
I'll finish it up!

Shutters open.

chickenhospital4.jpg

Shutters closed!

chickenhospital5.jpg

Next step is to build the platform/flooring. Might wait a few days for that. My hands are killing me.
tongue.png

I thought I'd better do the raccoon-proofing on the windows before I hoisted the unit up onto the platform. So here we go. After reading through a bunch of posts on here... I've used hardware cloth and attached it to each window with 2" steel screws and washers. Then, I added a latch to the back of each of the shutters so I can put a padlock on them to keep them closed during colder weather, or at night.

coonproof1.jpg

coonproof2.jpg

coonproof3.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I got the foundation set up and the flooring done yesterday. Today I had the neighbor kid come over and help me move the house up onto the platform.

The weight on this unit is very deceiving! VERY top heavy. In fact, mine tumbled over and crunched one of the roof panels.
barnie.gif
I have to order a replacement on Monday, but it won't be difficult to replace. If anyone else tries to set this up, I recommend either getting your foundation and flooring together first, then building the playhouse right there on top of it, or slide 8' 2x4's underneath either side and get yourself some wheelies to roll the unit to it's final destination. We had to put two 2x4s on either end of the platform and used them like a ramp to slide the playhouse up onto it. Needless to say, it was a real effort, but I doubt that thing will ever move!

2coops.jpg

Last edited:
I think it'd be cool it you got some kind of lattice or decorative siding for the bottom. It looks nice, but it'd look like a little cottage if you didn't see the blocks!

MichiganWoods, Very nice coop. I think you are smart to have a hospital coop. I needed one for the first time in 3 years. luckily DS built a rather large rabbit hutch for three tiny rabbits. he divided it into three four foot sections. I used one of them as a hospital pen. I still have my 18 week old black polish and his mate in there. He developed crookneck and the others were constantly knocking him around. he could get back up. Hes doing nicely in the pen. Its better to be safe than sorry. And as you said you can always use it as a brooder lol

Back
Top Bottom