Save My Marriage: Is Gum "candy"

Do you consider "Double Bubble" Gum "candy"?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
This thread just caused me to go steal a Blow Pop from my son's trick-or-treat bag. Now this thing is the best of both worlds, candy AND gum!
thumbsup.gif

Robin'sBrood :

This thread just caused me to go steal a Blow Pop from my son's trick-or-treat bag. Now this thing is the best of both worlds, candy AND gum!
thumbsup.gif

I just ate laffy taffy.
hide.gif

Simple answer:

You can be right or you can be happy, but if you being right, makes your wife wrong, no one's gonna be happy.
gig.gif

Choose happy.
duc.gif

Quote:
I dont know if you ask a classroom a kids "who is chewing gum?", there is an awful lot of gum swallowing going on, and of course the answer would be "NO ONE has gum".

Which, of course, means that gum is NOT spit out, it is just SWALLOWED. Hence, candy! At least in my classroom.
roll.png

Really, this is a false dichotomy. There are more possibilities than just two.

Gum has not been defined beyond Double Bubble, and its ilk. Candy was not defined at all. If candy is a subjective term then none of our answers matter. Nifty, can you define candy? Or is that the problem, you and your DW have not been able to define candy?

Quote:
I dont know if you ask a classroom a kids "who is chewing gum?", there is an awful lot of gum swallowing going on, and of course the answer would be "NO ONE has gum".

Which, of course, means that gum is NOT spit out, it is just SWALLOWED. Hence, candy! At least in my classroom.
roll.png

Really, this is a false dichotomy. There are more possibilities than just two.

Gum has not been defined beyond Double Bubble, and its ilk. Candy was not defined at all. If candy is a subjective term then none of our answers matter. Nifty, can you define candy? Or is that the problem, you and your DW have not been able to define candy?

My guess is this.

You know "don't let the girls have candy before dinner" "I didn't they just got gum from thier halloween bag"
hide.gif

I vote "candy" for bubble gum.
smile.png
Even though its not swallowed, its full of sugar, which gets ingested, and its bad for the teeth. Dental gum like trident is different though, I wouldn't call that candy. Basically any gum that has sugar in it, not xylotol or whatever its called.

Back
Top Bottom