Saxony Duck Thread!

Pics
Beautiful! Where did you get them? Your drake is so tiny!! Congrats on the ducklings! Do you have pictures? Did your duck hatch them?
They were free actually ... a young girl was giving them away ... the duckling was hatched under a silver laced wyandotte .... i will post a picture tomorrow sometime ... i have only had them a short time so i started collecting the eggs as soon as i could .. i was over zealous i think ... of the 6 eggs i put under my hen only 1 was fertile but i do have more eggs under 2 other broody hens that will be due in 2 weeks !!!

20171022_105548.jpg
Not sure previous post worked

I have a weird question ... i am trying to identify if i own standard saxony or bantam saxony ... so could anyone tell me what weight bantam eggs are and what weight standard saxony eggs are ???

I dont know ... i couldnt get a correct reading when they wont stay still long enough ... i thought the weight of the eggs was easier and less stressful for them

I dont know ... i couldnt get a correct reading when they wont stay still long enough ... i thought the weight of the eggs was easier and less stressful for them
is there anything we canget scale on then? Saxonies are really big ducks....I thought yours looked kinda small. That may be it.
My hens laid eggs about 80-90 grams. But I have no idea on eggs size for bantams.

Back
Top Bottom