Saxony Duck Thread!

Pics
I thought I should share this here! :D

A couple of months ago ( July) one of my broody's hatched out 5 duck eggs.
IMG_7330.JPG

Anyway, I ended up giving 2 of them to our duck-loving neighbor. She had some other ducks at the time. Well, somehow she was down to just 2 ducks this fall. The ones that I gave her. :)
One night in October, she got home from work and saw a fox carrying of her 2 ducks. :hit. One of her ducks came running to her, but the other one was lying on his back, kicking his legs, and bleeding. They brought her in the house but she passed quickly. :(. The other one was in shock and only had a few cuts, but wouldn't eat or drink. She messaged me to see if I had any extra ducks she could have. I gave her one of my saxonies. Her magpie healed up and Greta and Daisy have become fast friends. :) :hugs
IMG_8150.JPG

I thought I should share this here! :D

A couple of months ago ( July) one of my broody's hatched out 5 duck eggs.View attachment 1195591
Anyway, I ended up giving 2 of them to our duck-loving neighbor. She had some other ducks at the time. Well, somehow she was down to just 2 ducks this fall. The ones that I gave her. :)
One night in October, she got home from work and saw a fox carrying of her 2 ducks. :hit. One of her ducks came running to her, but the other one was lying on his back, kicking his legs, and bleeding. They brought her in the house but she passed quickly. :(. The other one was in shock and only had a few cuts, but wouldn't eat or drink. She messaged me to see if I had any extra ducks she could have. I gave her one of my saxonies. Her magpie healed up and Greta and Daisy have become fast friends. :) :hugsView attachment 1195633

That's one beautiful magpie drake.

Back
Top Bottom