Saxony Duck Thread!

Pics
20171123_220959-1024x817.jpg

Can anyone help? I think one of my Duckless have wet feather:( checked her oil gland and that all looks fine so its not blocked or anything but she just wont dry on her belly and bum and im worried shes just going to freeze!!:(( Anyone know of anything that could help her? Been like it for a while now too, hence why shes not been staying in water too long bless her

Can anyone help? I think one of my Duckless have wet feather:( checked her oil gland and that all looks fine so its not blocked or anything but she just wont dry on her belly and bum and im worried shes just going to freeze!!:(( Anyone know of anything that could help her? Been like it for a while now too, hence why shes not been staying in water too long bless her
towel her off for now? shavings in the house to help her dry herself? sometimes when they molt they have a lil of a hard time.......

In short i had a fox attack my broody pen ... i lost 6 silver laced wyandottes and my breeding pair of saxony along with 14 eggs the wyandottes were sitting on that were due to hatch christmas day !!!
1 egg survived which has since hatched but has since died for another reason !!
2 nites later the fox returned and hit my other pen but i was around to hear my roosters going nuts ... the fox attacked my baby saxony drake but i got to him before he sustained too much damage ... a slight gourge to his neck but has recovered well !!!

All my poultry have been moved to a disused shed until i can be sure my pens are secure !!!

Hey everybody! I still have my saxonies. :). I have 2 males and 3 females. I just noticed how much my drakes are filling out! I'll try and get a picture tomorrow depending on if they get a bath. :D

Back
Top Bottom