1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Say a Prayer for my little Sweet Pea please.........

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickenzoo, Apr 5, 2009.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Sweet Pea, my Silver Grey Dorking Batam hen has been very ill since shortly after starting to lay. She injured her eye, developed crooked neck got better, got worse then lost use of her one leg and crooked neck came back worse. The Vet is at a loss, and I've been continuing vitamin therapy, vit E, feeding her baby parrot formula and now have added some liquid predisone, which has helped her show some improvement. I thought yesterday I was going to have to have her put down, but today she shows some control of both legs and has been righting herself on her own and has better aim at her food. Please pray for her to continue improving, she is my baby and I don't want to lose her. She is a very special chicken..........

2. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Prayer sent

3. truckerswife

truckerswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    SW Washington
    Get Well Wishes!

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

sending healing thoughts your way

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hugs and prayers for SweetPea.

6. chickie momma di

chickie momma di Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    Southeastern, MA
    [​IMG] many hugs and prayers for both of you [​IMG]
    she is lucky to have you

7. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    [​IMG] and prayers for her to get better

8. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    How are yall doing?

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Thank you for your prayers. She still has limited use of her legs and neck, but she was able to sit herself up and aim at a bunch of yogurt and eat it down. She still has her happy attitude and her eyes are still full of life so hopefully she'll get through this, she has too. She was the only egg that hatched from a long journey from Jim Parkers stock. She always made me laugh and loved to be the center of any ones attention, but especially mine. I hope she will be able to do some of those things again one day. It is frustrating not knowing what's going on, her pen mates, Sophie & Sassy, my house silkies are fine. [​IMG]

10. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Jennifer, gosh if I knew about your bantum today.............. Eddie my Polish roo got pummeled, and got an injured eye, and keeps his neck twisted around except when he eats. Do you think it's because of the eye or because of some nerve damage?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by