Scabby looking worts?

emsevers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 30, 2008
Carlton, OR
I had a chick that was about a month old and it had something that looked like worts on it's back. They were dry and white and scabby looking. I was hoping that they would go away but when I checked again there were more. I don't know anything about poultry disease's and I can't find anything on the internet or on byc that looks like it could be this. I don't have the chick anymore so I can't show pictures but I'm concerned that it could have spread whatever it had to my other chicks. If you have any idea what it could be please let me know. Thanks

Last edited:
I had one that had a wart looking thing on it's eye. Didn't seem to bother it that much though.

I rehomed it so I don't know what happend to it in the end..

Quote:
We culled it because I didn't know what else to do. If there was a chance of it infecting the others I wasn't willing to do that. They will be in isolation for quite a while as they're still to young to go outside so I will watch and make sure nothing happens to the others. It's whole back was starting to be covered. It was really gruesome looking although it wasn't gooey or anything. No one has any idea what it could have been?

Back
Top Bottom