Scabs on wing follicles

chicknluvr1979

In the Brooder
Apr 6, 2022
I've only been a chicken mama for a few weeks so please be kind.
A couple weeks ago I woke up to one of my pullets stuck between the back of the brooder plate (it was vertical) and the chicken wire. I felt so bad, I don't know how long she was there. I check on them multiple times a day so it was sometime between bedtime and waking up. Anyway, I looked at her well, it didn't look like anything was physically wrong, she was moving around and eating and drinking fine. About a week later I noticed some small scabs at the base of her feathers. They had been losing their Fluff and growing feathers so I chalked it up to that after reading a few posts but kept an eye on her making sure she was eating and drinking. Well, it seems her scabs are getting worse. I sit out with them for hours during the day and I don't see anyone picking on her but she seems skittish compared to the others. I dont know what to do. I'm going to get some Vetemycin now but does this look like pecking sores or something else I should do?
20220516_101119.jpg

Get the Vertericyn and do wound care every day.

First clean the wounds with saline or soap and water. Next spray Vetericun on the wounds. Let dry, and then put on antibiotic ointment. Every day until it heals.

Get the Vertericyn and do wound care every day.

First clean the wounds with saline or soap and water. Next spray Vetericun on the wounds. Let dry, and then put on antibiotic ointment. Every day until it heals.
Should I separate her?

Back
Top Bottom