Scaley leg mites question?

Mine took 12 weeks of treatment probably because I wasn't consistent in the beginning. 2 to 3 times a week. I used vaseline as it is so goopy. I felt like that really got into/underneath all the scales that were sticking out. My girls had it really bad. I did end up using a spray can of cooking oil the last month as it was easier and their legs were looking better. The vaseline didn't seem as needed at that point.
These mites are tiny. They can get get into the smallest cracks.
I removed all the bedding. Hosed down the entire coop with the jet setting on my hose wand.
After it dried, I sprayed the coop thoroughly making sure that I saturated everything. I paid special attention to the roost. I used permithrin. IMO DE is worthless for mites.

Oh that does sound a lot easier. I’m going to try that tonight. Do you do that every night for 2 weeks? Or until you see improvement?
If it's a bad case I would spray daily till I see improvement then every few days, as long as your consistent it will work to suffocate the mites... Sometimes the feet can still not look back to normal till after next molt I have heard especially if it was bad.

Back
Top Bottom