Schlecht Hatchery order review (Day 19 update)

marcuscarr

Songster
12 Years
Jul 2, 2007
Here is my photo review of the eggs shipped by Schlecht Hatchery. They shipped on the 14th and arrived on the 16th. The packing and eggs are in excellent shape. The eggs are uniform in size and shape and have great color. They included 5 extra eggs, which was very thoughtful. The box came through the post office in very good shape.

I was going to order by Cornish X from McMurray this year, but after the communication and high level of performance from this famliy owned operation, I will likely order them from Schlecht.

eggs1.jpg

eggs2.jpg

eggs3.jpg

eggs4.jpg

eggs5.jpg

eggs6.jpg

Last edited:
Their website says must order at least 4 doz. Did you have to talk to anyone to get only 2?

Edited to add: Good luck on the hatch, the eggs look great!

Last edited:
I saw an auction on Eggbid and called them to ask if I could just buy a couple dozen outright. I didn't realize they were a hatchery at the time. Etta is the lady I talked to and she sold me the two dozen without mention of limits.

I imagine she would do the same for anyone else.

Marcus

Here is an update -- Day 19 -

Yesterday, we candled all the eggs and found...

23 fertile and growing

1 partially developed chick that had expired early
3 fertile eggs that did not develop
2 clears

The original order was for 24 eggs, and they added an extra 5. So far so good. I will post again at hatching time.

Marcus

Last edited:
Marcus, I didn't realize you were from Idaho. What part, if you don't mind me asking? I from Kuna, just outside of Boise. Always good to see somebody from Idaho on here.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom