School hours..

As for terms... we've got four terms, it changes depending what country you're in.
Here the summer break and end of year is two months (December + January) and go back to school round the 29th.

I like private schools cause they can do what they want. Plus I am more for a private school system instead of public but you have to have public cause not everyone is as well off as others. Public school is not scary. There are dress codes in place some schools follow, but from my experience the only ones that they really follow are skirt length, holes, and bare back tops.

ray's two cents :

Yea, public school can be scary. You see in a lot of those shows on TV, and even the public schools in my quiet, boring city can get a little rough at times. At most of them it's a competition to see who can wear their skirts the shortest without showing any underwear.
sickbyc.gif

I'm so glad my school isn't like that one bit.

LOL I need a school like that! LOL Maybe then my dad would be more supportive
lol.png

Quote:
Wow, skirt length is one most tend to ignore down here, and even at my school people tend to lop a few inches off where they can.
But yeah, it probably isn't as bad as TV portrays it to be.
smile.png

The fees are quite extravagant. Thank heavens for these scholarships, my parents would be less pleased about paying if it weren't for them.

Last edited:
In Ohio I think it is 187 days and/or 900 instruction hours.My kids are not in high school.Their day starts at 8:30am and they get out at 3pm. I see the HS bus going by around 7am and the kids are out of school by 2pm or 2:30pm.

I don't think the hours really matter so much.It will all come down to what useful information you take from your learning as you move on to live your life. So many learn for the test and then forget the often useless material anyway.

I have looked into online public charter schools and they expect 5 hours a day or school time.Ofcourse some get it done in 2 and some in 8 or more!

Here in Florida pretty much all schools are the same. Middle school starts at 9:45 and goes to 4:05 with half an hour for lunch. High school i started at 7am and i got out at 1:50pm with half an hour for lunch. So thats almost 7 hours a day. And i was also enrolled in a fundamental high school so the classes were more strick and we worked from bell to bell and always had homework. We had the option of taking 1 elective class such as band, chorus, sports, ect... But alot didnt. We also had AP classes which counted as part of college credits. We also never had to worry about the skirts to short or anything like that. We had a really strick dress code and if you broke it you go sent home for the day. Break it to many times and you go kicked out. All schools here in florida go from the times i said above but not all are as strict as the one i went to.

Maybe try to get your dad active in what you are doing. Even though you know the answer to something ask him for help and maybe he will get better at you being homeschooled and want to participate and help more.

Have you any idea how strange that sounds to us in the Northern Hemisphere? lol!

My son's school is M - TH from 8:00 am to 3:30pm. They get a 3 day weekend. It's an hour for lunch/recess ('cuz he's still little).

ray's two cents :

As for terms... we've got four terms, it changes depending what country you're in.
Here the summer break and end of year is two months (December + January) and go back to school round the 29th.​

Quote:

I have a good idea. I have friends in the UK and the US, they're always wondering why the heck I'm not at school when I tell them I'm on holidays.
lol.png

ray's two cents :

Quote:

I have a good idea. I have friends in the UK and the US, they're always wondering why the heck I'm not at school when I tell them I'm on holidays.
lol.png

I thought you were just confused and I didn't want to say anything about it. Which country are you from?

Back
Top Bottom