Scientists create GM 'superchicken' that doesn’t spread bird flu

Quote:
You can't forget Soy.
wink.png

I thought i read somewhere that Egyptian fayoumis did not get bird flu

Unfortunately not so
David​

Quote:
Which is worse, GM chickens, or Chickens bread to be "Franken-chickens"?

The GM chickens are obviously worse. They need to do further testing. I know it's against natures laws, but the growing population of the world requires GM foods. The alternative is starvation. I know a lot of people don't believe that and think we can somehow feed the world using natural methods. I for one don't think we can. America is blessed in the fact that if you truly want to, you can grow your own stuff and have access to organically raised foods.

If the GM chickens are safe than I would eat them. If I had the choice I would eat the natural chicken including Cornish-X because breeding and GM are 2 different things. In a 100 years we'll be eating Soylent Green.

The problem with flu viruses and other viruses is that they constantly change. Viruses want to live just like any other organism and will constantly adapt. The flu strains change so much that every year a new vaccine is needed. So genetically modifiying something against it doesn't mean that the virus won't eventually adapt and infect it at a later time.

Back
Top Bottom