Score! Lowes Playhouse Coop $80!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Oct 7, 2008.

1. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    I dunno if you guys saw this one... but it seems to be the same manufacturer, just a larger model than the Belamy. And it's on sale at Toys'R'Us for $250. There's even a weather vane with a rooster on it. [​IMG]

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2781012

Edited to note, they gouge you with shipping, but I am going to check to see if I can pick up one locally.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    It's adorable - I just love it! Congrats on that find!!

And that ToysRUs version is freakin' cute too!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  3. Chicky85254

Chicky85254 Songster

Sep 22, 2008
    AZ & CA
    I called a location here in Scottsdale, AZ, and they informed me that they don't have any in stock, but they do expect to get a shipment in closer to Christmas!

4. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Songster

Oct 11, 2007
    OK will let you in on a little tid bit. If you can prove in print that the item is on clearance at another lowe's they are supposed to meet that price. I thik a receipt from another lowes will work. I really like my local lowe's family. P.S. any ass manager at lowe's has the ability to mark 1/2 off of clearance price if you say If you say well I like it but can only pay about 1/2 that they will a lot of times. The Kohler Cast Iron Kitchen Sink for 50 bucks was to die for I called hubby and it would not fit. It was actually 100 on clearance and the plumbing manager happened to walk by started talking to him and he offered 1/2 off clearance price just to get it gone.

5. NancyDz

NancyDz Songster

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Airheart,

Thank you for the info, I live in Auburn, called the Yuba City store yesterday and drove down and got the last one. It was half built in the back of the store. The coop I had was needing some repairs and this one will look so much nicer.

Let me know what you end up doing inside, it will probably be a couple weeks before I start working on mine and would love to see what you do with yours.

I've been a lurker on here for almost a year... your post finally got
    me to sign up and post.

Thanks again for the tip on the coop!

Nancy

6. Hi Nancy - Good for you! So glad you snagged one. i'm really impressed with how sturdy it is. i'm definitely going to put in a floor with vinyl tiles (already bought those), plus seal the wood. Pondering if i want to raise it a bit on stilts so there will be room underneath. i plan on putting it inside a large enclosed kennel. i will need nest boxes and roosts inside, so need to plot that out. i used to only have two hens that roosted (the silkie mixes), but adopted some more so now have another three that want to roost. My crew had been sleeping between one chick-n-barn and a rabbit hutch. But it has turned cold pretty fast, so everyone wants to be in the chick-n-barn. i think fourteen bantams in a 4' x 4' x 4' barn is pushing the limits. Luckily, most of them are silkies so they like to cuddle.

Anyhow, i'm babbling. [​IMG] i probably won't start on it till this weekend. Waiting for nasty winds to calm down. But i will post pics and hope everyone else does, too.

And . . . [​IMG]

Colleen

7. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Songster

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    What a blessing!!! That will be a really cute chicken coop!!

8. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Songster

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    Nuts... I called the customer service line, not a single one anywhere in my district.

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Songster

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Quote:Colleen ,

Thanks for the welcome [​IMG] Well after driving 100 miles roundtrip for the coop, I got a call yesterday that they didnt give me all the pieces! Luckily I'm going that way next weekend and they are saving them for me!
    I'm thinking of using one of the windows to attach an external nest box. The problem I have in my current coop is that they are always pooping in the nest box. So I think if I have my roosts inside the playhouse and the nest box external, it will help differentiate the space. Havent figured out exactly how to do it yet but the boyfriend is pondering it and now that we have to wait for the other pieces, we have some time. We are also going to waterproof , raise it and put a vinyl floor.

Since you are local, do you know anyone wanting a Mille Fleur D'Uccle rooster? He's sweet but my neighbor is not liking his crowing, he's not an early riser but mostly crows during the late morning and afternoon. I have all standard hens and they just
    scoff at him when he tries to be a rooster. I was hoping to find him a home with bantams so he'd get a little respect too heehhee
    Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there if you know anyone.

I'll keep you updated on our new coop progress ! [​IMG]

Nancy

10. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Songster

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i got 3 today!!!! i called the 800 number. they had the manager of a local store call us. within 24 hours they located 4. they shipped 3 to my local store free of charge. thanks to this thread i have some really cute coops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: