Score!!! Super cheap bulk feed!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
I went down to this place today to buy pasture spray and noticed they sell BULK layer feed--by the ton. One ton is $360.00 and it's their laying mix. The lady was very nice and showed me what it looks like & even gave me a little "sample" to bring home to my birds!

As it turns out...I'm currently feeding 100lbs every two weeks--so 200lbs per month. I pay $13.95 PER 50# bag PLUS whatever tax is. So I'm spending $55.80 + tax every month just on layer feed. So in one year, that's $669.60 (not including tax!)
This bulk feed is .18 per pound. I can buy 200lbs for $36.00 and this stuff looks MUCH healthier, and has a lot of different things in it and they mix it themselves. You do have to buy a minimum of 200lbs at a time to get the .18 per pound rate--but that's no problem for me...I'm just tickled that I found such a good price on feed--FINALLY and it will save me $$ in the long run!

Last edited:
Lucky you. Congrats!
big_smile.png

Any way to save big $$ on feed is always a plus since it is the biggest expenditure when keeping chickens.

AL

Thanks for the pounds-per-month figures - but how many chickens do you have? (all of you who posted your quantities) I am trying to figure out feed now, before I get my first batch of layers. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom