BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
No, not which do you like best.

I was making a breakfast burrito for dinner tonight. Usually I use scrambled eggs but made fried eggs (over easy) and put them in the burrito instead.

I notice how very different the fried eggs (all mixed up in my burrito) tasted from scrambled.

So, a question: Why do they taste so different when the process was so similar, but instead of scrambling before frying, they were lightly scrambled after frying?

Is there a point at which where if I scramble less before frying in one batch and scramble more after frying in another batch that the tastes will be the same?

lau.gif
It depends on which came first, the chicken or the egg?

As a fair amateur cook, I am guessing the yolk and white flavors are more concentrated when mixed after over-easy-ing?
Possibly the amount of butter is increased with the over-easies?

I love this question, but I don't EAT eggs, I just cook them! And I have 54 chickens?
yippiechickie.gif

My guess (from experience) is that when the eggs are scrambled, the white and yolk parts are mixed. The yolk, having so much more flavor, will stand out more in a fried egg, then when it is diluted by the whites in a scrambled egg. That's my guess anyway...
idunno.gif

Quote:
I agree with Renee- It is and eggcellent question that I totally have no answer for.
idunno.gif
But since I am an insomniac with a aching back - I will post this anyway.

Wow, you must scramble and fry eggs completely differently from me, because the ingredients and cooking of them are not at all similar when I make those two dishes . . .
hu.gif

Quote:
With regard to ingredients, for this eggsperiment we're using just eggs, scrambled before frying and another batch "scrambled after frying"

Regarding cooking: share with the group, how do you cook scrambled / fried eggs?

I know what you mean, I have noticed it too. I wonder- Is it because the whites cook most of the way before the scrambling, when they are in the pan? So the white and the yolk dont really MIX up together, they are really just fried and then smooshed up.

Back
Top Bottom