Scrambled eggs - cooking with duck eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Sep 14, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    WOW, zzGypsy! Can't wait to try your suggestions.

I have never tried to scramble my eggs....can't get past the over medium with toast...my very favorite way to eat eggs! I am going to scramble them this morning and try it.

I just barely read Moose Manor's way of hard cooking the eggs...the same way zzGypsy just described. Since I only get two eggs a day, one of which is smaller, and since I can't quit eating them over medium.......deviled eggs are going to have to wait till my other females are older and start laying. But, I really can't wait to try them!

2. VAgal

VAgal In the Brooder

Aug 25, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    My cousin often brings us duck eggs and we've found they make the best cheesecake ever.

3. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    So....just had my first scrambled duck eggs....I liked them. I put a little milk (which I have never done with chicken eggs from the store), and beat the heck out of them. I would have never known they weren't "regular" eggs. I always cook my eggs on high, so I made sure the pan with Pam sprayed in it was nice and hot, dumped them in, scrambled them, worrying the whole time about over cooking.....no problems. They were tasty!

4. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Songster

Aug 8, 2011
    Quote:yay![​IMG]

5. Quote:I know right!! lol It took me a while to get the nerve to eat a duck egg but really they are fine!! It is all a mental thing!

6. Quote:Ohh! Good to know!! I have been wanting to make a home made cheesecake forever!! I [​IMG] cheesecake!!!!

7. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Songster

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Funny how people think' gross' when you say duck eggs. Have to admit. Took me some self talk to eat that first egg! All in the perception!

8. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Songster

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    So funny....it was SO hard the first time!!!!

9. pekinsRus

pekinsRus Songster

May 4, 2011
    We have eaten our Pekin duck eggs with milk,butter & cheese scrabbled together. I substitute ducks eggs for chicken eggs in all my recepies too. If you want to turn a regular boxed cake or brownie mix into a great cake, then bake with duck eggs!! I've researched & chefs prefer to bake with ducks eggs. They make everything "poof" my son says. He's right consistency in poofier.

10. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    I used my first mallard egg to coat some fried chicken - yeah - I wimped out.

Now, I have 2 more perfect Mallard eggs in the fridge, wondering how I will eat them. Tis cool and rainy here, I believe I will wimp out agian and bake.

The first one was absolutely perfect! I am just chicken when it comes to duck eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: