Sdwd

Are you sure she was broody? I know it seems like a no-brainer but maybe she was sick before and you just thought she was broody? How old was she?

I'm sure she was broody. She'd been there a couple days and doing the brrrk, brrrk, noise running around like they do. I've had so many I know the sounds and ritual they go through. The EE was there this morning and I'm debating on giving her BR eggs or hoping if I just keep taking her eggs she'll give up.

As an update for you all just in case Cyn has not...Suede and Hope are still with her but they are both fading. Suede is tough and he is fighting to stay with his girls and Cyn. So say a prayer that the sweet boy passes soon on his own so Cyn does not have to put him down. Also say a prayer for Cyn because her heart is breaking and this is very hard on her.
fl.gif
Prayers being said. Poor Cyn, I know this is tough
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

As an update for you all just in case Cyn has not...Suede and Hope are still with her but they are both fading. Suede is tough and he is fighting to stay with his girls and Cyn. So say a prayer that the sweet boy passes soon on his own so Cyn does not have to put him down. Also say a prayer for Cyn because her heart is breaking and this is very hard on her.
Thinking of you Cyn.
hugs.gif
So sorry you are having to go through this.

Thank you so much. Suede won't let go. He is walking and crowing (if you can call it that), but he's very weak. He just refuses to give up without a fight. My big sweet blue baby can't hang on forever. We plan to remove his testes immediately and AI his hens to see if we can get a couple of his kids, if he still has any sperm count left, that is. Only his blue hen, Dusty, is laying, but Nugget and Meg could start back any time now. He hasn't felt like mating his girls for weeks now but I honestly don't know if it would have done any good. We'll find out if it's at all possible.

Here are the last videos of Suede, taken yesterday (or maybe day before...time isn't my best subject right now).

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/Mtnviewpoultry/Video Clips/?action=view&current=DSCN6490.mp4

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/Mtnviewpoultry/Video Clips/?action=view&current=DSCN6487.mp4

Last edited:
Well, we know where the testes are located. When he dies, we'll open him up and remove them, then go from there. All it takes is a drop of semen for each hen, really. Never done it before, so it's just an act of desperation on our part, to see if we can get some Suede kids on the planet, even after he's gone.

Well, we know where the testes are located. When he dies, we'll open him up and remove them, then go from there. All it takes is a drop of semen for each hen, really. Never done it before, so it's just an act of desperation on our part, to see if we can get some Suede kids on the planet, even after he's gone.

I wish you luck with that. It's certainly worth trying.

Note to self: Don't upset speckledhen, especially if she's carrying scissors.

Cyn duh I am such an idiot....Patty aka the chickonthehill or chickonthehill (I got ZoomZoom from her last year)...she was using ZoomZoom for a color project and via AI was breeding ZoomZoom to specific girls. I am 100% positive if you drop her a PM, she will gladly tell you exactly how to do it. :) Or if you'd like, I can give her a call and ask.

Yes...I am still awake. I did catnap for an hour and then right back up. *sigh*

Ok, now that is a very interesting (strange) idea. I never thought about doing anything like that.

Can you share? How on earth would you go about this?

So you get them out and then squeeze their contents out?

Should be able to tie off the tube that runs into the testicle, cut outside that, remove it, then cut on the other side and squeeze out a drop, I'd think. We'll know more when we get in there.

LH, I know how to AI from a living rooster, but this way, removing testes from a just deceased one isn't something I've heard of anyone doing. I wonder how long we have. I'm sure time is of the essence.

Back
Top Bottom