Seabright Rooster with Swollen Tongue

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pidgey104, Oct 23, 2011.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Found my Seabright rooster with ba swollen tonue last night. He was cold so I put him in the bshed where it is warmer. His Tongue is a yellow color. what do I do? He dosent move much and seems to only want to sleep also he donsnt react to me when I pick him up.

Running out to get pics now

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Never mind went out this morning and he was dead. What do you think might have caused it. Is it a disease I should be worried about? He was in with my buff Laced seabrights. He was fine the day before.

3. Chicken_Pauper

Chicken_Pauper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2011
    Southern California
    Ate something that stung him or bit him on the tongue??
    I do suggest you look around, check for holes and wasp nests, etc... hang out around the coop and see what shows up, flys in, etc.?
    Doesn't sound like a disease to me, but use the Search here on BYC -- see what comes up when you search "swollen tongue", etc.
    I am sorry for your loss.

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Is it possible that he could have wet pox. That is about the only thing I can find with a swollen tongue as a symptom. Although the timing is a bit odd. I haven't seen many mosquitos here lately although I guess they can get it other ways too.
    sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by