Sebastopol experts? Curious about my new Sebbies…

Hello, I was looking for a thread on goose foot problems and found your posts. I have nothing to add except that I have one Sebastopol about 6 months old. He is absolutely so loving, curious and such fun to watch. I hope you are enjoying yours. I keep some of the really long feathers that he sheds in a vase.

In case you have this problem, one of my geese (maybe Emden) has very rough feet and they are slightly blue. She does not have bumblefoot I believe, but it does appear that her feet are tender. Have you seen this? She is also a voracious eater, much more than the rest.

Hello, I was looking for a thread on goose foot problems and found your posts. I have nothing to add except that I have one Sebastopol about 6 months old. He is absolutely so loving, curious and such fun to watch. I hope you are enjoying yours. I keep some of the really long feathers that he sheds in a vase.

In case you have this problem, one of my geese (maybe Emden) has very rough feet and they are slightly blue. She does not have bumblefoot I believe, but it does appear that her feet are tender. Have you seen this? She is also a voracious eater, much more than the rest.
how old is the goose, and when is the last time she was de-wormed? Also, pictures of the feet would help. Blue doesnt sound good, tho.

how old is the goose, and when is the last time she was de-wormed? Also, pictures of the feet would help. Blue doesnt sound good, tho.
Hi, none of them have been dewormed, I thought about that but did not know what product to use. A member called goosebaby responded saying she probably needed vitamins. Unfortunately the vets I called will not give info over the phone, just like a human doctor. There is a mobile vet locally I will call tomorrow, if nothing else she may know where I can find more information.
I attached two photos of Lillys' feet and one of one of the other gooses feet.

Thanks, Cara

Attachments

• IMG_7246.JPG
    IMG_7246.JPG
    578.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7251.JPG
    IMG_7251.JPG
    627.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7250.JPG
    IMG_7250.JPG
    547.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi, none of them have been dewormed, I thought about that but did not know what product to use. A member called goosebaby responded saying she probably needed vitamins. Unfortunately the vets I called will not give info over the phone, just like a human doctor. There is a mobile vet locally I will call tomorrow, if nothing else she may know where I can find more information.
I attached two photos of Lillys' feet and one of one of the other gooses feet.

Thanks, Cara
ok, i hope the vet is able to help! The pictures are helpful, and it looks like it could be scaly leg mites. You could try to cover the affected area with petroleum jelly. You should investigate leg mites, or just wait for the vet. Hope your babies start feeling better soon!!! :love

Thanks for the reply. The other three geese do not have this problem, so I discounted mites, but you never know. The last local vet I called said she did not know much about geese but bring her in for a $50 look and she will do some research. Anyway, I will keep an eye on her. It just snowed for the first time this year, not much, but it is cold and none of the chickens or geese are very happy about it!

Back
Top Bottom