Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

I am sure this question has been asked a thousand but I was wondering what a fair price is for a 3yo proven pair of white sebastopol geese? they are both curly breasted and have good feathering! What do you all think is a fair price for them?

Thanks
Zach
Poultry09

Too many variables to have just one price.
Anywhere from $150. - $400./$600. for the pair, d
epending on their type and just how good their feathering is.

hI guys! Our 4 from Celtic, and my one other sebbie egg (now goose 1 mth old) are doing great. Guess I'd better go get pics again. One even has about 5 tan feathers in with the grays and whites. I don't know if it will stay though.

If your bored, please come to the link below, and vote for the new color scheme for our historic home. We're leaving it to the byc vote, and today is the last day.... You can either take the poll, or just reply with your vote.......

It depends on the quality.

Too many variables to have just one price.
Anywhere from $150. - $400./$600. for the pair, d
epending on their type and just how good their feathering is.
Ok thank you pips&peeps, Cottage Rose! and I would post pictures of the pair but BYC is not letting me and I cant figure out why
he.gif

Here is the girl I picked up today. We are thinking of naming her Lili. I hope Sebastian likes her. My girls want to show her at local 4-H type shows. How do you think she will do? She was born 1st part of April. I don't know much about the standard for Sebastopol geese.

Last edited:
hI guys! Our 4 from Celtic, and my one other sebbie egg (now goose 1 mth old) are doing great. Guess I'd better go get pics again. One even has about 5 tan feathers in with the grays and whites. I don't know if it will stay though.

If your bored, please come to the link below, and vote for the new color scheme for our historic home. We're leaving it to the byc vote, and today is the last day.... You can either take the poll, or just reply with your vote.......
Marty I have still never seen Stormy. Do you still have her?

She is very cute, good side picture of her also. Her chest appears very full and curly, she is young so her feathering will fill in more with age all over. Orange bill and feet and a round (not flat) head which is off to good start. I believe 4H is easier to show them than say state and national shows where you could be up against hundreds of birds.

She is very cute, good side picture of her also. Her chest appears very full and curly, she is young so her feathering will fill in more with age all over. Orange bill and feet and a round (not flat) head which is off to good start. I believe 4H is easier to show them than say state and national shows where you could be up against hundreds of birds.

Thanks! We love her!

Does anybody have pics of older sebbies?
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it might be interesting. I know and am used to my birds but I don't think anyone walking amongst them could figure out which were approaching 5-10 years old and which were well past that. There's a lot of parrotted nonsense to be heard and read about the geese being old at five. I have routinely shown and won with 10-12 year olds and those same birds breed, ganders well into their teens. The geese slow down and pretty much quit a few years earlier than the ganders but appearance wise age doesn't seem to matter until they get to be around 15. Then I can see some differences in feather. https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/album/view/id/6256744/user_id/61042

Yes, Kind of weird as something came in stating that there's a BYC error and an automatic report was generated. Odd thing is the album exists in my profile along with the earlier one. Worked for me and must be working for others according to the number of views already.

Back
Top Bottom